Rates & Remuneration 2024
Non-contracted Mental Healthcare
In the specialist mental health care (“gGGZ”), we refer to contracted and non-contracted care. I have chosen not to enter into contracts with Dutch health insurers because contracted care forces one to conduct the practice according to the requirements of the health insurer. These requirements limit the treatment in several ways, such as limited treatment duration, a limited number of clients per year and turnover ceilings (maximum treatment reimbursement determined by the insurer). Working without contracts, allows me to offer you quality care as long as necessary.
For you, this means:
- Quality Mental Health Care without restrictions from the health insurer
- That the percentage of your reimbursement depends on your policy: with a reimbursement policy (“restitutie polis”), you will be reimbursed 75-100%, with an basic policy (“natura”) an average of 60-75%
- That before the first consultation you should contact your insurer to check the percentage that it reimburses and whether permission is required for care at the practice
- That you pay the invoice to the practice and claim back from the health insurer
This is what you pay
In The Netherlands we mental health care practices work according to the so-called ‘Care Performance Model’. This applies to independent practices as well as to large institutions. I calculate my rates according to the prices set by the Dutch Healthcare Authority (NZa).
For more information, you can consult these folder:
InformationCare performance model
For you, this means:
- You receive an invoice after each session during the assessment phase and monthly during the treatment phase of treatment.
- You pay the full amount directly to the practice within 14 days
- You can submit the provided invoice to your health insurance for reimbursement.
- The perscentage you get reimbursed depends on your insurance policy. The practice has no contracts with health insurances. The agreement about reimbursement is between you and the insurance.
What about the excess/deductable (“own risk”)?
The excess/deductible (“eigen risico”) also applies to SGGZ. The exact amount depends on what you have chosen, but in 2024 it will be at least €385. If you have not yet used your deductible before you start the treatment, this will be for your account — with any Dutch insurer.
You do not want to be faced with unpleasant surprises. Moreover, a treatment costs energy, so you don’t need hassles. Therefore, these tips:
- Before our first meeting, contact your health insurer and ask about the coverage for specialised mental health care with a non-contracted care provider.
- Pay close attention when taking out your health insurance; my advice: a reimbursement policy (“restitutie polis”) with free choice of care and the lowest possible deductible.
- Check whether the insurer pays 100% of the NZa rates and not just the average contracted rate or what they consider reasonable themselves.
- Make sure that you also have any agreements you make over the phone in black and white by emailing your contact person about it.
You are responsible for which insurance you take out. Unfortunately, I can’t help you with your final payment.
You need this for your reimbursement: a referral letter
The practice use the standard rates as determined yearly by the Dutch Health Authority. For 2024 this means:
If we only do the assessment without treatment the cost for 3 diagnostic sessions are 3 x €301,42 per session = €904,26
Therapy sessions of 60 minutes are €265,70
Medication consults of 15 minutes are €94,07
Writing letters to GPs or other parties on your request € 90,46.
Note: these rates are indicative as per the publication of the NZa on 01-01-2024 rate finder and may still be adjusted by the NZa.
Cancel or reschedule an appointment?
Rates for lectures
ARISE® Comprehensive Care with Intervention
Please contact me to discuss fees for an “ARISE® Comprehensive Care with Intervention”. Take into account that the intervention an familiy program is sold as a package for 4- 12 months. I will invoice a fixed, all-in fee for the 4 – 12 month duration of the work we will do. I can only start working on an intervention once payment is made in full.